Pop Culture Essay Topic Ideas Or How To Make Your Paper Stand Out
Pop culture is essentially the societal trends that you see around yourself. These are very popular essay ideas for teachers to give to their students, as they are easy to write about, and any student can talk about the current trends in society. However, the mistake many students fall into is the fact that they do not choose good topics to write about. In this article, we will teach you how to write a great paper, along with some excellent topics to write about.
Due to he fact that students are not used to writing about informal topics, such as current trends in society, instead focusing on academic literature, they fall into the trap of also formatting their essay in an informal manner. This means it is common to see slang and colloquialism language in many students’ papers.
However, doing this will only bring down your grade and thus should be avoided. Your paper should still be written in a formal manner with the correct format. We recommend the following structure for your paper:
- Introduction: This is a brief overview for your reader to know what you will be discussing
- Main body: This is where you will analyze pop culture and write your thoughts about it
- Conclusion: This is a brief summary of everything you have discussed in your paper.
Now that you know of the main things to avoid writing in your paper, here are some excellent pop culture essay topics:
- How does social media affect our tastes?
- How do movies and, to a large extent the media, affect our tastes and values?
- How prevalent are racism and sexism in our popoular culture?
- What can be done to stamp our racism in popular culture?
- Dsicuss the decline of American soap opera?
- Why has soap opera been more successful in other countries than it has in America?
- How does the internet dictate our tastes in popular culture?
- Does counterculture exist solely for the sake of opposing popular culture?
- How has social media changed the way we value pop culture?
These topics will give you the best chance to cite and analyze sources such as studies and statistics.
If you use the topics that we have recommended then your pop culture paper will definitely stand out and greatly impress your teacher. The key is to use a topic that allows you to bring in various different sources to analyze.