Catcher In The Rye Essay Topics For Those Who Ran Out Of Fresh Ideas
Catcher in the Rye is a 1951 novel by JD Salinger, which was released to cries of controversy due to its teenage rebellion themes and focus on other social taboos at the time. It has inspired many different films and is still widely read to this day. As part of popular culture it has enjoyed much success and, unfortunately for students, has become the focal points of many essay tasks. Here, we will present to you fresh new ideas for Catcher in the Rye essay topics.
Before we discuss the original topics that you can use for your paper, it is best to go through the structure of your writing. You will be expected to produce a literary analysis of the novel in your paper and you need to know how to effectively accomplish this.
For an analysis, your teacher will expect you to produce a paper detailing all the literary devices Salinger uses and an analysis on the plot, characters, themes and historical context of the novel. In an analysis you do not merely just list these things but go deeper and answer questions such as why the author decided to use a particular imagery or plot line and whether or not it was effective in getting their message across to the reader.
Now that you know how to format your essay on Catcher in the Rye, it is time to discuss the most unique topics you can write about. The following list takes into account the fact that you have many aspects that you can analyze.
- What is the significance of the carousel in chapter 25?
- How does Salinger indicate Holden’s psychological breakdown as the novel progresses?
- What is your opinion on Mr Antolini’s actions?
- Is Holden actally as perfect as he portrays himself to be?
- What is the role of sexuality in the novel?
- How do Holden’s sexual encounters differ from his nonsexual encounters?
- Analyze the gold ring as a form of symbolism
- What is the role of death in the novel
- Dsicuss Holden’s relationship with Phoebe
- What makes Holden want to be the catcher in the Rye?
Find here more information.
With our comprehensive list of unique topics, coupled with our detailed guide, you should have no problem achieving a high grade for your essay. Remember to produce an insightful analysis when composing your paper and choose an adequate topic that allows you to accomplish this.