Getting Help With Literature Assignment: Pride And Prejudice Essay Topics
Pride and prejudice is a widely read novel around classrooms in the country. The timeless novel is a classic that is read for its marvelous use of imagery and plot, discussing important issues such as prejudice and societal expectations. Due to this, the widely read book is the basis for many essays that students are tasked with completing. We have a great list of excellent topics to base your pride and prejudice paper on.
When you are tasked with writing a paper on pride and prejudice, you need to perform an analysis on the novel, which is a closer inspection of the book. You need to analyze aspects of the book such as the imagery, characters, plot and themes.
When you perform an analysis, you don’t just list off, for example, the themes of the book. You need to delve deeper and answer questions such as how effective a certain form of imagery is at getting the point the author wants to get across. Why did the author use that particular form of imagery and whether or not you personally feel it was the right decision.
The topic that you base your paper on should allow you to analyze the novel in great detail. Due to this, the following are the best topics to write an essay on pride and prejudice:
- Originally it was titled ‘First impressions’. Tell about the importance of first impressions in the book.
- How is Mr Bennet depicted? Is he depicted in a positive or negative light?
- How important is dialogue to charatcer development?
- Is Austen making a criticism of society’s expectation of women and marriage in her era?
- Compare the roles of Mrs Bennet and Lady Cahterine de Bourgh
- Explore the relationship between Mrs Bennet and her children
- Compare and contrast the relatinships of Bingley and Darcey with Jane and Elizaebth.
- Compare and contrast the attitude towards marriage of the male and female character
- Why has pride and prejudice been such a famous novel?
If you choose to write your pride and prejudice novel on these topics then there is no doubt that you will achieve a lot of success.