How to Complete a Creative Essay Writing ManualFor anyone planning to embark on essay writing, creativity is the way to go. Plain and predictable methods were never meant for this kind of writing. There are a lot of boring materials around and people have had enough of them already. Clearly, besides being a mirror to the society, literature is meant to entertain and engage every active sense in the reader. Creative writers are always appreciated and their efforts rewarded by those who love reading, especially for leisure. Creativity is simplicity packaged in an extraordinary way. It entails looking past the given guidelines and coming up with an intriguing plot. When writing a discourse, one should have the reader in mind from beginning to the end. Just like in a live presentation the presenter strives to keep the audience interested, in the same way the writer must tag the reader along. The following are tricks on how to compose a creative monograph.
- Choose a suitable topic: In Creative writing, one is allowed to think outside the box. In this case, the writer chooses a topic of their own interest so that they are not limited in their thinking. The topic chosen determines the scope and theme of the monograph.
- Research well: In as much as one is allowed to let their imagination go wild, writing an essay will always require a steady supply of ideas hence the need for research. One must also present arguments supported by measurable facts and this is the only way to get those facts.
- Plan how to answer the questions who, why, where and when: When these questions are satisfactorily answered, they quench the curiosity of the reader. If it was a persuasive discourse, the writer is assured of winning over the reader. The main question in the theme of the monograph must also be answered appropriately.
- Journalize: Keeping a journal enables one to capture ideas as they come in to their mind. Some very brilliant ideas might just pop up and if they are not recorded they are likely to be forgotten. It is good to note them down even if one is not even sure where they fit in their writing. As they progress, a connection is found.
- Point of confrontation: A creative discourse should have a point where the tone abruptly changes from smooth to an eruption. This is normally the highlight of the essay when the reader has to engage their minds on another level so as to grasp the gist of the monograph. However, one should keep the language simple even at this point otherwise they lose the reader that they are trying to impress.
- Active introduction: For most readers, the introduction is what determines whether they proceed or not. A creative writer should engage the reader right from the first sentence of the introduction. They can either begin with a strong act or do a flash forward that will hold the reader captive as they proceed to know what happens later. If one loses the reader at the introduction, chances of recovering them are very slim.
- Neutrality: Even though a good discourse should be highly engaging, it should also have neutral points for the reader to reflect. If they hold their breath all through then it might be difficult for them to connect well with the writer.
The difference between creative writers and the rest of the people is the ability of the former to stir up the creativity deposit in them. Essay writing is the best way for one to discover how creative they can get.